affirmations of a revolutionary...
"I am a Revolutionary in the service of God Almighty. My life is not my own; I exist as a free person but have voluntarily become a slave to God. My role on earth is to live as a Revolutionary, committed to love, holiness and advancing God's Kingdom. My life is not about me and my natural desires; it is all about knowing , loving and serving God will all my heart, mind, strength and soul. Therfore, I acknowledge the following:
-I am a sinner; broken by my disobedience but restored by Jesus Christ in order to participate in good works that please God. I am not perfect; but Jesus Christ makes me righteous in God's eyes and the Holy Spirit leads me toward greater holiness.
-Every breath I take is a declaration of war against Satan and a commitment to opposing him.
-God does not need me to fight His fight, but He invites me to allow Him to fight through me. It is my privelage to serve Him in that manner.
-I will gratefully do what He asks of me simply because He loves me enough to ask. I gain my security, success and significance through my surrender to Him.
-I am not called to attend or join a church. I am called to be the Church.
-Worship is not an event I attend or a process I observe; it is the lifestyle I lead.
-I do not give away 10 percent of my resources. I surrender 100 percent.
-There is strength in relationships; I am bound at a heart and soul level to others, and I will bless believers whenever I have the chance.
-To achieve victory in the spiritual war in which we are immersed, there is nothing I must accomplish; I must simply follow Christ with everything I have.
-There is no greater calling than to know and serve God."
from Revolution by George Barna

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home